Sunday 17 February 2013

A Quick Roundup

As yet February has been pretty unsuccessful for me as regards enjoying the books I have to read. I have given up on and crossed off the following books for different reasons.

A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry

Length Of Time In Possession : Nearly 2 years

Try as I might I have been unable to connect with this book. After several false starts I reached 200 pages out of just over 600 in 2 weeks which is really poor by my standards. About a group of people in India who are brought together by circumstance, A Fine Balance is relentlessly depressing in the back stories of its characters, when I heard that matters only get worse later on, I decided to give this a miss.

Destination : ebook storage

How To Teach Quantum Physics To Your Dog by Chad Orzel

Length Of Time In Possession : 4-6 months

I have read a lot of books on this subject primarily by Marcus Chown and Michio Kaku, I found I was profoundly irked by the tone this book struck and found the device of chats to his dog about bones, rabbits and bunnies wearying.

Destination : Charity Shop

Man Eaters Of Kumaon by Jim Corbett

Length Of Time in Possession : 6-12 months

This book about a posh British bloke who goes round shooting tigers in India back in the day thereby contributing to the endangered species problem we have today was really not my thing.

Destination : Returned to owner 

No comments:

Post a Comment